- They gain the knowledge of systematic observations, model making, theoretical predications thereby understanding various phenomenon in nature.
- To think critically and to use appropriate concepts in problem solving.
- To enhance their skills to be innovative.
- To develop a qualitative and quantitative approach.
- To provide hands on experience on sophisticated instruments and programming skills.
- To design and construct instruments and make them research orientation.
- To make them sensitive to their surrounding and social issues, through field work and projects.
- Ability to meet challenges and equip them to be competent.