Department of Computer Application (B.C.A.)
St. Xavier’s College
Entrance Test 2019-20
1st Round 2nd May 2019
2nd Round 3rd May 2019 (For the students who enrolled after 2nd May)
Test Venue: B.C.A Lab (situated at the College lobby)
Test Timing: 10.00 a.m. to 11.00. a.m.
• Results of the test will be shown 30 mins. after the test ends and subsequently the admission will be confirmed of the student for the B.C.A. Programme for the academic year 2019/20.
(The payment of semester fees will be on a later date which will be notified via the College website)
The Fees of the entrance test will be Rs. 300 (will be collected at the Venue on the day of the entrance exam outside the B.C.A. Lab)
Rules and Guide Lines
1) The test question paper contains of question in three sections
a. General Aptitude
b. English Language and Logical and analytical abilities
c. Basic Arithmetic and statistical aptitude
2) The test questions are purely multiple choice questions (MCQs)
3) The number of questions in each section is 10
4) The total number of questions is 30 and the duration is of 1 hour .
5) Every question is of one mark each.
6) There shall be no negative marking
7) Use of calculator and other communication devices is not allowed
8) The organisers reserve the right to amend these rules as and when necessary
9) In case of any dispute the decision of the organisers will be final and binding.
30th April 2019 ________________________
Course- Co ordinator
SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER FOR THE ENTRANCE TEST
Section I : General Aptitude
• Canine is a term referred to the species of the ______ family.
a) Cow c) Cat
b) Monkey d) Dog
• The Eyjafjallajokul volcanic eruption happened in
a) Moscow c) Ireland
b) Nigeria d) Iceland
• The FIFA World Cup 2022 will be held in
b) South Africa
• In the game of Hockey, each team has ____ players on the field at any one time
a) 11 c) 9
b) 13 d) 10
• Wimbledon is associated with
a) Football c) Tennis
b) Basketball d) Cricket
Section II : Logical Reasoning
• Count the number of triangles in the following figure
a) 8 c) 11
b) 9 d) 13
• Insert the missing number
857, 969, 745, 1193, ?
a) 2093 c) 297
b) 1400 d) 2089
• A second is _____ fraction of an hour.
a) 1/24 c) 1/60
b) 1/120 d) 1/3600
• Complete the following
B G N ?
F M V V
a) I c)M
b) P d) K
• Which one does not belong to the group?
a) Pencil c) Chalk
b) Notebook d) Pen
Section III : Basic Arithmetic Skills
• The circumference of a Compact Disc can be measured as
a) Πr2 c) 2Πr
b) 2Πr2 d) Πr2h
• Two apples and three mangoes cost Rs.86. Four apples and a mango cost Rs.112. Find the cost of an apple.
a) 35 c) 20
b) 30 d) 25
• The LCM of 24, 39, 60 and 150 is
a) 7800 c) 3900
b) 15600 d) 5200
• Convert 0.5% into fraction.
a) 1/5 c) 1/20
b) 1/500 d) 1/200
• A train travels 82.6 km/hour. How many metres will it travel in 15 minutes?
a) 20.65 c) 206.50
b) 2065 d) 20650